Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

hi want to ask you guys whats kind of liquid cooler i need to buy for an hp obelisk desktop

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-by-hp-obelisk-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-...

tnx guys

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

This question is hard to answer without knowing additional information.

You need to know what: size, the location, and the number of fans the chassis can accommodate. You also need to know if the chassis can accept 240 mm and 280 mm fans and associated radiator. Many HP systems can only do a 92 mm fan/rad setup.

Then you also need to determine if the PC shipped with a MB backplate behind the processor socket. If not, can you remove the rear side panel to install a backplate provided by the AIO liquid cooling manufacturer. No removable side panel means you will have to remove the MB from the chassis to do the backplate.

A HP provided CPU Fan/heatsink may also not require a backplate to mount to the MB.

Unfortunately HP does not always provide this information. I did not see any specs on the above listed at the Best Buy link you provided.

I can tell you many HP PCs use 92 mm fans. I am pretty sure the i7-8700 processor can use a stock Intel fan. This means there may be no processor socket backplate.

This is a new system. The only person that can answer your question would be someone who has swapped in a liquid cooling solution.

I would look for a liquid cooling system at purchase if this is what you want.

Regards

HP Recommended

tnx sir its a big help, when i inquired about this in best buy they say it supports an aftermarket liquid cooler,  but like what you said i need to know the size  i need...

i will wait maybe someone from hp can answer my question regarding this one as i have purchased it aready without the cooling liquiid

HP Recommended

Hi Naer232001,

You're very welcome.

There are too many variables. You really have to examine the case to do some measuring. You must install a processor socket backplate if the PC does not have this pre-installed. You need the backplate to secure the pump assembly to the CPU and MB.

HP does outsource to Asetek (Link) for liquid cooling components. Asetek has 92 mm and dual 120 mm (240 mm total) AIO liquid cooling systems.

It is wiser to buy a HP PC with the components you want or build a DIY system.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.