Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen 880
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hey so one day out of no where my computer just shutoff and would not turn on so i unplugged it pluged it back in and noticed that the green light on the back of the psu is not coming on so should i buy a new psu and will this fix it

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@swayzi , welcome to the forum.

What is the full model of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information.

It appears that you may have a failed power supply unit (PSU), but I want to see all of the specifications.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

were would the model number be

HP Recommended

on the back it says 880-068

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @swayzi !  It is exactly what I needed.

I believe that you most likely do have a failed power supply unit (PSU).  It appears from the date released that the computer should still be under waranty.  I suggest that you contact HP Customer Support to see what they have to say.  You can check the waranty status by using HP Support Assistant.

If you have to replace it yourself, I suggest buying at least a 500W PSU.  This will give you more power for peak needs.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

ok but can you link me a 500w psu that would go with the computer

HP Recommended

@swayzi 

Here is a PSU that will work for you.  It is modular so you only have to use the cables that are absolutely necessary.  I still recommend that you contact HP Customer Support before buying a new PSU.  If the computer is still under waranty the PSU will be replaced.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.