Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion 690-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i bought a used  HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0024 AMD Ryzen 5 8GB 1TB 128GB ssd desktop .  I formatted/deleted the partitions on the the drives and installed windows 10 pro on the SSD.  Intermittently at first, and now all the time, whenever i try to 'sleep' or 'shut down' the computer, all it does is restart.   During the period after I installed windows 10 before i did all the updates i feel like it wasn't happening. But now the only way i can turn it off is to hold down the power switch manually. 

These are the things I've tried:

disabled fast start up

ensured registry setting powerdownaftershutdown was set to 0

im up to date on windows 10 updates

reset bios to default settings

ran windows 10 troubleshooter for power - it said no problems

I ran the power efficieny diagnostics report, and got a red message for both my mouse and keyboard:

"The device did not eneter teh usb selective suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented when this usb devie is not in the selective suspend state. NOt that hti sissue will not prevent the system from sleeping"

ran powercfg -devicequery wake_armed from the cmd prompt. Only my mouse and keybord were listed.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so how did you solve?   Any other suggestions welcome.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.