Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
W3D56EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ok so the cooler it came with it runs to hot so what i wanna is can i swap it without voiding my waranty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I would not recommend you removing the CPU fan as it would void the warranty. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @williamsben16,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that your computer is overheating and you want to change the CPU fan. I would like to provide my suggestion. 

For your computer overheating I recommend you to update the BIOS on your computer and observe.

Run diagnostics on the computer for any component failures. 

Install additional fans. Refer to this article for assistance. 

Personally, I would not recommend you to replace the CPU fan as it would void the warranty.

Disclaimer: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. You can change the configuration at your own risk.

You can also refer to this article to check if there are any other applications using a lot of resources and to change the power settings. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

can i change the thermal paste ?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I would not recommend you removing the CPU fan as it would void the warranty. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.