11-08-2019 01:46 PM - edited 11-08-2019 04:22 PM
how do I change function key to multimedia key? I'm sick and tired of holding FN and any f1-f12 key to get it to work. I want to disable or turn the Fn key off
can anyone help me?
things I have tried
1. f2 at start up and couldn't find a menu or anything where I can edit anything at all.
2. I open up the window mobility center and there no option to turn off fn key.
laptop that i own
HP Omen Gaming Laptop Core I7-7700hq Processor 12gb RAM GTX 1050ti
edit: Nvm I figure out how to get to the BIOS settings because Window 10 had a strange way to do it, posting the steps below, hopefully it help others
- Press Windows button and select Settings.
- Select Update & Security from Setting options.
- Select Recovery from the left menu page’s of Update & Security.
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup.
- When system restart, click Troubleshoot.
- Next click Advanced options.
- Select UEFI Firmware Settings or other options.
- Click Restart.
11-11-2019 12:10 PM
@Meow56 Welcome to HP Community!
Here's all you need to know about disabling the function (Fn) key:
Many notebooks feature a setting that allows you to use the action keys functionality without pressing the fn key each time.
Use the correct steps based on your notebook type to enable or disable this functionality.
FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE
(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee