Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-bf1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello hp...
every time i open a certain game an error with code 0xc000007b show up and it wont work.
I have tried the solutions you provided like uninstall hp 3D driveguard bu it didnt work.
The application was working in a previous hp laptop i had. But in my new laptop it didnt work. please help me .

Capture.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@ilyas-jamei,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post you are getting an error message while playing games on your HP notebook. No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Are you having this issue only while playing specific game or all games?

Have you ensured all the drivers are update either using Windows update or using HP Support Assistant?

Have you tried to update the Bios on your PC?

What was running when the problem occurred? 

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the notebook

Before power resetting your computer, do the following:

1. Disconnect or remove all peripheral devices. Start up the laptop and test the computer by itself, and then reconnect one peripheral device at a time.

2. Turn over the computer and look for a battery compartment door.

I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. That way it will look at the Hardware installed on the Notebook.

Once done, restart the computer and check.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall the display drivers on your PC from device manager.

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.

Check the box that states delete the software for this device.

Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC either from our HP support website, using this link or download it using HP Support Assistant

Download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall HP 3D Driveguard from control panel: 

1. Click on Start button

2. Type Control Panel and open it

3. Go to Programs and Features,

4. Find HP 3D DriveGuard and uninstall it

5. Restart the computer

Download and reinstall 3D Driveguard - ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75501-76000/sp75979.exe

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for replying....

my computer type is: HP Pavilion - 14-bf108ne

i will answer your questions first:

no I didn't do any software or hardware changes

yes this problem occures only when i play a specific game

yes all the drivers are updated 

no i haven't tried to update my Bios

nothing was running when the problem occured

i have tried all your solutions but no changes.

the last solution that was talking about HP 3D driveguard .... i couldn't find that drive in control panel.

i hope you can help me

HP Recommended

@ilyas-jamei

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Don't worry as I'll be glad to help. Let's update the HP 3D DriveGuard driver by using the following SoftPaq to reinstall the HP 3D DriveGuard software:

Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thank you for replying..

this message appears when i try to open the links you provided.

i think the url is not working

i tried to search for it but all the urls are the same, they are not working

hope you reply fast.

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

@ilyas-jamei

Thank you for posting back.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused, Let's try this link: Click here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ilyas-jamei wrote:

Hello hp...
every time i open a certain game an error with code 0xc000007b show up and it wont work.
The application was working in a previous hp laptop i had. But in my new laptop it didnt work. please help me .

What game is giving the error? Details help.

I would uninstall it completely and remove any and all forms of it. for example... in your programs folders, etc.

Run Ccleaner and clear out the cache files.

Update Windows if it has any.

Then reinstall the game and test it out. iF it still gives the error, right click on the EXE file and run as an Administrator.

What happens?

HP Recommended

I downloaded the file and installed it but no change.

the game is skyrim 

i already uninstalled it twice so this is my third time to download it

hope you can help me

HP Recommended

If clean unistalling and reinstalling is not working, you need to ask the Skyrim forum whats wrong with their game.

We would not know what is wrong with it. Im sorry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.