Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-020 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Upgraded the single 8gb Micron DDR4 2400 to (4) 8gb Corsair DDR4 2400, followed instructions from HP website. Now when  I try to turn it on. I get a beep code of 3 long beeps followed by 2 short beeps, repeating 5 times then silence. Screen stays black, no flashing LEDs or keys. keyboard & mouse don't light up. I tried hard restart, reseated memory, vid card, & sound card. Stumped, any advice?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Try running only one stick at a time. Test all 4 in the first slot. Then... If all the sticks run one at a time, try one of the sticks in the next slot and test each slot one at a time.

Could be a bad stick, or a bad slot.

Just a theory.

HP Recommended

Well, I tried each Corsair in first slot in successssion & got the same beep code each time. 3 long & 2 short, repeated 5 times & no LEDs blinking. I then put the original Micron 8gb back in first slot & it gave the same code. Rotated it through each slot & got the code each time. Grrr...

HP Recommended

I assume you are under warranty still?

You need to contact Support for repairs...

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

trying to contact, just got this on 9-20-2018 from AntOnline, HP advisor showing warranty expired in 08-2018, over a month before i even got it. sent a dispute in over that, it is new. hopefully...

HP Recommended

IF you have problems, let me know and Ill see if an HP rep can contact you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.