2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

floor model deal needs factory reset?

HP Omen i7-7700 16gb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys first post.

I bought a floor model hp omen i7-7700, I'm going to pick it up and would like too know how to reset it back to factory setting, and what I'm worried about reinstalling windows 10? Is there anything else I should do it being a floor model and all?  It's going to be a gift for my daughter.

3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,121 3,232
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HEllo @Bmricha

That is a good idea when buying a floor model.

The best thing to do is to burn a copy of the HP Recovery Media to a USB pen drive.

You can access that from the Start Menu>H>HP Help and Support>HP Recovery Media Creation.

Follow the prompts. You will need a 16GB USB pen drive.

The USB recovery will be the best way to do a factory reset or install to a new hard drive, if you ever had to replace the current one.

Or

Power on the PC and also rapidly tap F11 to access the recovery program.

This will reinstall the C drive back to factory settings.

Factory settings will wipe the C drive and reinstall Windows and the original drivers.

You will have to update Windows after that.

Let me know if you need further help.

Bmricha
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where can I find the windows product key code? how do I reinstall windows if I cant find it? Can I make the USB recovery boot file from the computer that is being recovered?

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,121 3,232
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where can I find the windows product key code?

You don't need to. Its embedded in the bios.

When you get the machine, hook it up to the internet and let it update. This will ensure it gets registered with Microsoft the first time. Then you can make the HP USB Recovery from there.

how do I reinstall windows if I cant find it? can I make the USB recovery boot file from the computer that is being recovered?

If the HP USB Recovery says you cannot make another copy, someone already created it at the store perhaps. Not likely to happen though. In such case, use that computer to create an ISO of Windows directly from Microsoft. This is the link to grab the ISO creation tool and make a generic installer. It will also recognize your embedded key when you get ready to install, so no need to enter the numbers.

Create media Windows 10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation