Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
omen hp 870
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having issues with my computer recognizing any type of speakers. it automatically has them as my default realtek speakers when i have my logitech z533 plugged into the input. the same thing happens when i attempt to use a razer headset.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @rafferty94, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have issues connecting your speakers to your computer.

Don't worry I'd love to help you out help.

Do you get any error message when you connect your speakers to your PC?

Have you connected the speakers to front inputs and check if you are able to get the audio?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Use the following steps to set and test the default speakers.
Right-click the speaker icon in the taskbar and select Playback devices.
In the Sound window, from the Playback tab, select your playback device, then click Set Default. If only one playback device is listed, it is set to default automatically.
If you set speakers as your default device, proceed to the next step.
With the default playback device selected, click Configure.
Click your speaker setup in Audio channels.
Click Test to send sound to each speaker, or select an individual speaker to send sound to that speaker.
f sound is heard correctly from each speaker, you are finished.
If the sound is missing from all or one of the speakers, or if the configuration type was changed, continue with speaker setup by clicking Next. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the speaker setup.
Test for sound. If sound problems persist, continue to the next step.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot audio issues with your PC.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.