Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi so i have a OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx

when i click omen center it says it needs an update, It then directs me to hp suport assant saying that needs to be updated,. I have the Newest software TITLE: HP Support Assistant
VERSION: 8.7.50.3  that opens and runs it then says i have a newver verson installed i open that, ive downloaded all the updates, and restart etc. No updates left. Restart etc. go to omen center and it says i need to update suport assasiant to update omen. Please help me out here lol

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

ok so i have it working now i belive, but i cant ajust anything wasnt that the point of me buying this? How can i be able to ajust the speed etc of the computer? i only get a home tab and network boster, although that dosent work

HP Recommended

Would you post the full product number of your omen please?

Run the HP Support Assistant to find the Product Number.

Also, post a screen shot of the Omen Command Center so I can see what it shows exactly.

You can use the Windows Snipping Tool to take a screen shot.

Thanks.

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx
Product number:
2XB55EA#ABU

HP Recommended

Untitled.png

HP Recommended

OK Thanks.

I assume what you're asking about is why there is no overclocking settings.

The reason why is, your model didnt come with an unlocked processor.

It only has an i7 8700 and to overclock, you need the i7 8700k version with liquid cooling.

Your specs... https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/model/20486490/do...

The command center is showing everything it should have for your particular system.

If its a new system and its not what you thought it would be, can you return it for a different one?

Otherwise, you would have to upgrade the cpu and cooler yourself and its really not worth the cost.

HP Recommended

ahh yeah... thats a shame but still happy with it then, not worth the effort but i can put that to bed now many thanks. is there anything i can do though thats worth doing?

HP Recommended

I have the overclockable version and I can tell you, you're not missing out on anything. There isnt much advantage for gaming.

It already has 16GB of ram and an SSD. With your current specs, you are golden as it is now. :Wink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.