Level 1
10 8 0 1
Message 1 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi i need help with new pc , can i put an

Omen 880-029
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i dont know nothing about pc and specs :S  i would like to know if i can put an cryorig h7 cooling fan or an corsair hydro h80i V2 inside this pc  ( omen 880-029 )  im not sure about the cryorig h7 because i cant have acces behind the motherboard so the corsair hydro would be more easy to install ,  thanks 🙂

19 REPLIES 19
Level 12
Level 12
5,780 5,768 545 1,203
Message 2 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

This PC (Omen 880-029) is a socket 1151 motherboard.

The Corsair requires a backplate installation on a socket 1151 motherboard. You will have to remove the MB to install the backplate unless you can remove both side panels and you have access to the back of the MB and an opening on the motherboard tray.

The Corsair has a 120mm fan/radiator.

Does the 880-029 have a back fan 120mm setup now? Are there other provisions for installing a 120mm fan/radiator if you cannot use the back fan location?

Tom

0 Kudos
DemonzBlood
Level 1
10 8 0 1
Message 3 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ooh wow thanks  , u are the first person who can help me 🙂 so the corsair hydro is compatible with my motherboard ??!? good im happy with this  , i can remove both pannels to see behind the motherboard ,  idk hole screws are already there , can i put the radiator + the fan on the back ??! exausht ??!   if not can u tell me if the cryorig h7 is compatible with my motherboard card  ?~

0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
5,780 5,768 545 1,203
Message 4 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You are welcome.

I did not say either aftermarket CPU cooling system is compatible with your new PC. Just used the Corsair product as an example of what has to be done to install the cooling system.

You have to determine if it is feasible to install either system. Most OEM PC manufacturer's (HP, Dell, Lenovo) build systems using micro ATX cases. Micro ATX cases are smaller than mid-tower and full tower cases. Many aftermarket cpu cooling solutions don't fit in micro ATX cases.

Both require a backplate to support the cooling system.

Do you have access to the back of the motherboard without taking the motherboard out of the chassis? (Corsair and Cryorig H7)

Can you install a chassis 120mm fan/radiator to remove hot air from the chassis? (Corsair)

Have you measured the space around the CPU and the distance from the motherboard to the removable side panel to confirm the Cryorig H7 fan heatsink and fan will fit on the motherboard and in the chassis? Do you know the dimensions of the Cryorig heatsink and fan when assembled?

Why do you want to change the cooling system installed by HP at the factory?

Tom

0 Kudos
DemonzBlood
Level 1
10 8 0 1
Message 5 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ok first of all i dont like the stock cpu fan cooler , its really small and i get 60-70 degrer temperature while playing games at ultra ( pubg , battlefront 2 beta , shadow of war ) and 80-85 degrer in max load temp ( im using coretemp )

i would like to have something cooler
my pc case is really big compared to normal hp towers and i have a 120mm stock fan behind my pc . i have enought space for the cryorig h7 .

so i guess i can remove my 120 mm stock fan and put the corsair radiator + new fan behind right ?! i have eneought space so i can do it ? so if its compatible and i habe enought space thats mean i can install it ,?? cryorig h7 or corsair hydro 80i , i dont care wich one ( my english is not good sorry mate )
DemonzBlood
Level 1
10 8 0 1
Message 6 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ooh and yes i have acces behind the motherboard , i can remove the right pannel too , but i dont know if theres are screw holes for the backplate , if not i can always remove the motherboard
0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
5,780 5,768 545 1,203
Message 7 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You are welcome.

It seems like you have most of the hard stuff involved in an upgrade covered.

The motherboard should have industry standard holes to mount either (Corsair, Cryorig) backplate.

It's your choice on what cooling solution you go with at this point.

Verify the dimensions of whatever choice you make to ensure the cooling system fits on the micro ATX motherboard and in the chassis. RAM slots or heatsinks could get in the way. A tall heatsink/fan unit could cause side panel clearance problems.

I installed an Arctic Freezer i32 in a mid-tower case and an ATX motherboard. It just fits. Not much room left for guessing on length, height, or width.

Take your time and have fun doing the mod!

Tom

0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
5,780 5,768 545 1,203
Message 8 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

One last very important thought.

HP will not warranty your system with this modification.

Tom

0 Kudos
DemonzBlood
Level 1
10 8 0 1
Message 9 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wow thanks alot man , i really appreciate your help 🙂 i have a last question , what do u mean by atx motherboard ?? the hyrdo 80i fits on a socket 1151 u said , so its ok??? i have 120mm fan so thats ok and enought space inside the tower
0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
5,780 5,768 545 1,203
Message 10 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Both cooling systems work in a socket 1151 motherboard. But the micro ATX motherboards are smaller than ATX motherboards. So it may be a little tighter around the CPU socket.

Your micro ATX motherboard dimensions are 9.4 inches by 9.4 inches (24 cm by 24 cm).

ATX motherboard dimensions are around 12 inches by 9.6 inches (30.5 cm by 24.4 cm).

The Corsair liquid cooling system should be okay but check the CPU heatsink dimensions and check with Corsair before purchase.

The Cryorig heatsink/fan system may not fit.

Tom

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation