Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp obelisk omen 875 1001 nl 9900k
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, I have purchased hp obelisk omen 875 1001 nl desktop computer for a few months now. i9 9900k liquid cooling. (I specify that I have not overclocked) In normal conditions the CPU temperature is between 50 and 60celsius degrees but during the game phases it is constantly pushed between 85 and 93 celsius degrees!  I don't want to make internal changes because under warranty, would anyone know how to cool down a bit the temperature? Even without the side cover, I don t see appreciable changes ...could I resolve the problem with an external Usb fan on the top of case (near to the radiator's liquid) ? Thank you all for any advice ...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

CPU temps of 85 C to 93 C are not good but are within Intel specifications.

The 9900k will thermal throttle at 100 C. The temps you are seeing will reduce the useful life of your CPU if you do a lot of gaming.

I would contact HP Support (Link).

The existing AIO CPU liquid cooling solution is not up to par or the CPU TIM was not applied correctly.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.