Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
TGO1-0023W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

helllo i had this gaming pc for about 4months now and i when i ran some bench marks the gpu temps where high like in the 80c to 85c with the case on now with out the case its at 70c to 72c whats the deal is 85c safe cuz i feel theres little to no airflow as well please help me thank you..

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@B00G3YM4N , welcome back to the Community.

The maximum temperature for the Ryzen 5 3500 is 95C (celsius): https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Zen/AMD-Ryzen%205%203500.html

While the temps that you listed are a bit high, they should not cause the processor to throttle and run slower.  You can assure that the computer is dust-free which should keep the temps down.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@Old_geekster i was talking about the graphics card the 1650 super temps being high not the cpu man but thanks for that info tho can you tell me why my graphics card the 1650 super temps being high with the case on i think hp need to fix they case because there little to no air flow unless i add another fan in the case and adjust the fan curve i also added 16 gb of ram and soon the 500w psu with the rtx 2060s or the new rtx or use stay at 1080p to 1440p and get a 1660 supper still debating

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @B00G3YM4N!

Here are the full specifications for the video card: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/gtx-1650-super/

The maximum temperature is 90C.  This is more concerning.  The medium size cases are always a problem when it comes to heat.  Adding more powerful components will only worsen the problem.  You have to be careful when adding fans to a case, also.  You want to keep a positive airflow.  Here is a video by Jayztwocents that will help you if you add a fan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NYHC3DXynM

You will definitely have to figure out a way to increase cooling.  Normally, it is not recommended to remove the side panel to achieve this, however.  The airflow is based on a closed system: cold air in, hot air out the top of the case.

HP Recommended

thank you so much for the tip old_geekster me having the case open it did drop the temps a little bit like i stated in the 1st place ill prob add 1 fan that brings in cold air i just need to see where i can put it also awhile ago can i run a 1660s with this 400w and not add anything else i mean i am gonna add a 500psu cuz i want to go all out to a 3700x 32gb ram and a rtx 3080 or  even just a 2060s is that possible if not tell me your idea for this prebuild i know this is off topic i just got a lot to get off my chest and i am new to pc gaming. but heres a example when i got it the specs were this

AMD r5 3500 ,8gb ram ,1650s ,250nvme SSD ,400w PSU plat from hp now i have this

AMD r5 3500, 16gb ram, 1650s, 250gb NVME SSD 1tb SSD, 400w PSU plat from hp

what i want to have in the future.

AMD r7 3700x, 32gb ram, GTX 1660s or any RTX,  500gb NVME SSD, 2tb SSD, 500w PSU gold from hp.

PS if you don't think this is a good idea for a 500w psu please text the specs that will got good with it that includes

the GPU CPU RAM please and thank i hope to here back from you soon

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @B00G3YM4N!

You have to remember what I said, adding more high-powered components to the case will increase the temperatures.  The 500W PSU can add cooling depending on how it is installed.  The preferred way for most gamers is with the fan facing out of the case.  I don't know how your PSU installs.  The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.

The RTX 2060 will be your best option.  I believe that most of them only require a 1x8-pin PCIe power connector.  Here is a HP Knowledge Base article to help you know what to consider when upgrading the video card: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Knowledge-Base/Upgrade-Video-Card/ta-p/7481981

HP Recommended

anything else like can i max out the ram to with the 2060 or all like that ram and cpu as well or just keep it the way it is and just now upgrade the gpu when i get 500w because like said i want to max it out i want the best cpu with is the r7 3700x with the 32gb ram and rtx 2060

HP Recommended

@B00G3YM4N, I believe when you do what you mentioned, you won't see much more system performance boost with other upgrades.  A computer is only capable of so much performance based on the motherboard.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

thank u for the thoughts i was gonna max it out for vr and streaming and gaming at the same time i might just slap 32gb ram and a rtx 2060 and call it good the cpu is fine i might get a 3600 tho and give it the extra threds

HP Recommended

You are very welcome @B00G3YM4N

We gamers are never satisfied with our computers.  We have to constantly be striving for the fastest computer on earth.  The truth is, speed is actually in our minds.  We can't tell the difference that 1 GHz makes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.