Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kunihal
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how much high ram and graphic card can i insert in my laptop? help!!!

hp 15-ac042TU
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

well i have hp 15-ac042TU recentely , i was thinking of upgrading it to its max potential....so anyone here please help me....how much  high ram and graphic card ,,,,,,,,,,,,i can insert into it !! help please.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,460
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kunihal

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Notebook - 15-ac042tuand would like to know how much RAM and what graphic card could be installed in it. 

I did some research and found that there is only one memory card slot in the laptop. The maximum RAM that can be installed in 8GB. Please view page# 30 of the service guide to know how to replacement the memory. It also gives you a list of the compatible memory modules and their part numbers.

Secondly, I do not find an option to add an additional graphics card into this laptop. 

Hope this information helps. Feel free to keep me posted for any further questions. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
kunihal
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I install i5 processor in my laptop??
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,460
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kunihal

Hi,

good hear from you. 🙂

The page# 1 of the user guide shows the list of processors that have been tried and tested by HP so far. I don't see the i5 processor listed. This means that either this processor is incompatible or not recommended to be used by HP. 

I hope this information helps. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation