Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a new SSD for my HP Pavilion TG01-0xxx, and on the package it says the SSD is equipped with 4x data lanes, but my pc only runs with 3x data lanes. Is there any way to change it to 4x data lanes in the BIOS, i can't seem to find it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Madsen370 

What is your HP Pavilion TG01-0xxx ?  Your machine should have same motherboard of the following machine

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06693646

Which says its has

Expansion slots
  • One PCIe x16 socket
  • One PCIe x1 socket
  • One M.2 socket 1, key A
  • One M.2 socket 3, key M for SSD (PCIe x2)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

i have the HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0698no

hope this helps 👍

HP Recommended

ive heard that my motherboard should be able to run an ssd with 4x lanes, but how do i change it to 4x lanes in the bios?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.