Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 25x 144hz 1080p monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my screen turns black when I launch applications, (zoom, discord calls, any game) and then flashes between normal and black screen until I turn the monitor off and on. it doesn't come up again after the launching followed by power cycling, the issue only happens on launch/opening. I have it on a display cable, hdmi doesn't change anything, exact same problem occurs on both hdmi & DP. I've kept it at 85hz since the first time it happened, but no matter the refresh rate the problem persists. My pc is working fine, tested this out on my old monitor and had no issue (tried on dp and hdmi). I updated the drivers and still have the same problem. I'm lost at this point on what to try please help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@seatbelt29 Here's what you need to do, to identify the issue and resolve it accordingly:

• Check if monitor works fine on an alternate computer, if not available, check the BIOS screen to identify if it's either a hardware or a software issue:
    • If it works fine on the alternate monitor or the BIOS (Accessed while tapping F10 during a restart for HP computers) it's a software issue & I suggest creating a new user account to check if that works better, for starters or contact the manufacturer or the desktop for support,
    • However, if it doesn't work within the BIOS or if you've got an option to check with another monitor and that doesn't work either, I'm afraid it's a hardware malfunction.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.