Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp envy phoenix 810-470
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am wanting to upgrade graphics card from the intergrated intel hd 4600 I just don't know what size it will accommodate. I also dont see a pci port for a actual graphics( I could be over looking it). 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@pcgamer41534

The following link shows specs of your computer

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-phoenix-810-400-desktop-pc-series/7477706/document/c045...

It has

• Expansion Slots:
    • 1 PCI Express x16 (Gen3.0)
    • 1 PCI Express x1 (Gen2.0)
    • 1 half-length mini card

The last slot is occupied by a Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac featuring Dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) 2x2 MIMO technology and integrated Bluetooth 4.0 and WiDi card

And the PCIe x16 is suitable for a video card. Please read the following articles

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2913370/components-graphics/how-to-install-a-graphics-card.html

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-upgrade-your-graphics-card

Only one thing to remember: your machine has 460W PSU, if you wish to upgrade to a card which requires more power you also need to upgrade the PSU

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@pcgamer41534, welcome to the forum.

Here is the Motherboard Specifications page for the computer.  If you look at the diagram of the motherboard in the link, the PCI 3.0 x16 slot is the black slot below the Motherboard I.D. (MS-7826 Ver: 2.0).  This EVGA GTX 1050 Ti will fit easily into your case and will give you a major boost in system performance.  Also, the power supply unit (PSU) (460W) in the computer will work, as well.

If you decide you don't want this particular card, it is a good example of what I know will fit.  You can measure the space where the card will be installed from the Back I/O ports to the front of the case to determine which other length of card will fit.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you for the input! I was looking for a little bit stouter gpu I was looking at the nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti founders edition i was pretty sure its about 5 inchs longer than the EVGA 1050 do you think it would fit? I know i would have to upgrade my psu to 600w. I'm at work right now so I can't get measurements atm!  @old_geekster

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @pcgamer41534.

Here are the specs for the GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition.  It is 10.5" in length.  It will be a very tight fit, but not necessarily impossible.  It does require one supplemental 6-pin and one 8-pin power connector.  Also, since it requires 600W minimum to operate properly, I suggest going with a 700W PSU.  It will give you more extra power for peak usage.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.