Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot control the front led lights on my tower they are stuck on color show

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @d3rr1ck1234 

If it can be fixed, it will most likely need the Omen Control Center reinstalled.

If you can find it currently in your list of Programs, uninstall it.

Then reinstall it with this link...  sp76864.exe

Then also install HP System Event Utility  sp91504.exe 

If that does not work, did it happen recently?

If so, if you can roll back Windows to a previous restore point from the time it started, perhaps that would help.

System Restore Points

Otherwise, there is a controller on the board that might have went out. I would not be able to help you at that point.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@krzemien  Thanks.  Unfortunately the OP never responded to that thread again. I would like some confirmation this time from a user if the newer version of the System Event Utility Version: 1.40 REV: A PASS: 33  August 10, 2018   SP91504.exe

or if  version1.40 REV: A PASS: 11  March 15, 2016  SP75216.exe  is working for them.

It might be the system has install the newest App version from MS and that is what has bricked the Control Center.

The Control Center is the same version we both linked.

@d3rr1ck1234  Would you please try the first solution and if it does not work, try the second one so I can confirm what version of the Event Utility works please.

Thank you both.

HP Recommended

I trust that it worked for you but It still didnt answer my question. If you dont mind @krzemien  I would still like the OP to try it so I can know what worked.

Im not the enemy bud. 😉

HP Recommended

I understand your point, but:

I wasted good few tens of hours - also with HP Support - trying to get to the bottom of it back in 2018. To no avail: HP Support suggested obviously restoring PC back to the factory stage - that I refused to do then and never had to ever since.

My post from then that I referenced here is the outcome of investigation that I conducted myself. And also forms a solution.

It does work for me. And for others. And it's quickest applicable one.

Life's literally too short to faff with this nonsense for too long - especially as HP will claim that our PCs and their software are definitely out of support by now (Omen 870-xxx series being replaced by 880-xxx in 2018 already).

Just my thoughts.

HP Recommended

Absolutely agree!  😊

I probably should of asked @d3rr1ck1234 if he would open his installed programs list and see what version of the Event Utility is installed.  HP's Event Utility is now another MS App from the MS Store. It wasn't getting pushed out automatically in updates when it first came out, but I think it is now.  If its the culprit now, I can report it.

Latest version...

HPEU.JPG

HP Recommended

Is it pushed via Microsoft Store to older (870-xxx) machines? I doubt - I think it would require newer HPSA (v9.x), which these machines do not support (I'm on HPSA v8.x - installed v9 manually but it reverted back on its own to v8.x).

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/OMEN-by-HP-870-000-Desktop-PC-series/1108...

The only HP Event Utilities that are available for 870-xxx can be downloaded from there:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/OMEN-by-HP-870-000-Desktop-PC-series/1108...

But I can see that metadata on above page for all packages is completely wrong as all packages are shown as 1.40 Rev.A...

And v1.4.11 that I use and that does work is even not there...!

It only strengthens my case further.

HP Recommended

It might be pushed, I'm trying to confirm, no matter what version of HPSA. Its coming in via Windows updates, not the HPSA.

I don't recommend using the HPSA for bios updates either. Its been known to cause issues occasionally.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.