Did you mean: 
tom2121
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp omen

HP OMEN Accelerator

hi does anyone know if the hp omen accelerator is compatable with a acer aspire es1-531 

4 REPLIES 4
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,121 3,232
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp omen

It connects via Thunderbolt 3, so unless your Acer Aspire has a Thunderbolt 3 port, then no it wont.

I will also add, each OEM may or may not have their UEFI setup to allow an outside graphics setup also. So you would have to contact your laptop maker for that info.

tom2121
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp omen

If I use a thunder bolt 3 to usb port will it work also what is OEM and uefi
0 Kudos
tom2121
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp omen

Can I use hdmi because I saw that the accelerator uses a power supply but also uses thunderbolt 3 as power so could I just use the power supply included and use a hdmi cable instead of thunder bolt 3
0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,121 3,232
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp omen

The Omen Accelerator uses a Thunderbolt connection to connect the video card to high speed requirements of PCIe. The HDMI port on the Accelerator then connects to your monitor, not the computer.

Your Aspire's specs don't have this port. You would need an alternative solution to connect an external video card like this or this. The alternative is doable, but not practical. Your laptop would not be portable anymore.

Personally, If I had to tear my laptop apart just to connect an external video card, I might as well save up and build my own desktop. :Wink:

Take a look at this article that explains external video cards and DIY in more detail...

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2984716/laptop-computers/how-to-transform-your-laptop-into-a-gaming-...

An OEM refers to the brand or manufacturer of the PC like HP, Dell, Acer, etc.

Each OEM sets up their systems UEFI differently.

Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI)  is the new type of bios that computers use now for Windows 8 and 10. But technically its not called bios anymore, its called UEFI.

Good Luck.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation