cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

hp omen

HP Recommended
HP OMEN Accelerator

hi does anyone know if the hp omen accelerator is compatable with a acer aspire es1-531 

4 REPLIES 4
Level 15
Level 15
12,101 11,897 1,249 3,796
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It connects via Thunderbolt 3, so unless your Acer Aspire has a Thunderbolt 3 port, then no it wont.

I will also add, each OEM may or may not have their UEFI setup to allow an outside graphics setup also. So you would have to contact your laptop maker for that info.

Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
If I use a thunder bolt 3 to usb port will it work also what is OEM and uefi
0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Can I use hdmi because I saw that the accelerator uses a power supply but also uses thunderbolt 3 as power so could I just use the power supply included and use a hdmi cable instead of thunder bolt 3
0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
12,101 11,897 1,249 3,796
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Omen Accelerator uses a Thunderbolt connection to connect the video card to high speed requirements of PCIe. The HDMI port on the Accelerator then connects to your monitor, not the computer.

Your Aspire's specs don't have this port. You would need an alternative solution to connect an external video card like this or this. The alternative is doable, but not practical. Your laptop would not be portable anymore.

Personally, If I had to tear my laptop apart just to connect an external video card, I might as well save up and build my own desktop. :Wink:

Take a look at this article that explains external video cards and DIY in more detail...

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2984716/laptop-computers/how-to-transform-your-laptop-into-a-gaming-...

An OEM refers to the brand or manufacturer of the PC like HP, Dell, Acer, etc.

Each OEM sets up their systems UEFI differently.

Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI)  is the new type of bios that computers use now for Windows 8 and 10. But technically its not called bios anymore, its called UEFI.

Good Luck.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation