Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 6000p
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I want to upgrade my graphics card and power supply but I do not know were to start I asked this question earlier and I got this answer but does any one have any other recommendations for good graphics cards and power supplys that I should use for gaming 

It is a very simple answer.  You computer will only support BIOS graphic cards. The problem is 2 issues. BIOS cards predate Sepetember 2012, so your asking to find a card like the GTX 660.  The HP6000 series predates 2012. IF you could find the card, you need to change out the Power Supply to operate the card.  The Corsair CX550 would be my choice.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

Loaner: Envy Omen Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 7th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070M 8GB Discrete Graphics (16GB RAM) 512GB m.2 SSD
HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

but does any one have any other recommendations for good graphics cards and power supplys that I should use for gaming?

Nope, not for a system thats as old as yours. That old core 2 duo cpu isnt worth the money wasted on an upgrade. It will bottleneck any modern graphics card, even if you could install one. Its ok for an email machine, but not for gaming.

Sorry, but thats my suggestion.

HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The previous answer given to you covers the problems you will have because of the age of your PC. I don't know what HP product you have because Pavilion 6000p is not a valid product number but Pavilion p6000 yields four PCs and eight motherboards.

Nvidia 600 series graphics cards are the limit. 600 series cards will be very hard to find. Maybe used on eBay?

The Corsair PSU mentioned is a good PSU.

You may have other bottlenecks to deal with such as the CPU, memory, and DMI. Some newer games may not play well on your PC because of other possible bottlenecks.

I would go to this site (Link). Input the games you want to play. Check the recommended system requirements to see what you need to play the games. Or you can check your PC against each game to see if the PC will be able to play the games.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.