Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-1045m CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ok first off i i tried to get bios up but all i get is hp utility setup no bios whatsoever  no matter what button i press when 

i startup the computer i searched all over the internet for solutions and found none and the only option i see is getting a keyboard with num lock i want to know if there's a way to bypass hp utility setup and get to normal bios to disable the fn keys so i can play my games normally like mout&blade   any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the Photos. OK on the Function key setting over the Num Lock setting.

Looks like HP gave the bios UI a new look. That HP Setup Utility is the bios.

But there is no option to enable/disable the "Function key" that I have ever seen in these HP Desktops. That's only included on the laptops.

Only thing I can suggest is that there might be a shortcut key that would alter this on whatever your particular keyboard is. Or you might have to try a different keyboard.

HP bios are very locked down and don't have the options that a custom motherboard would include.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @DrifterLaw 

If you rapidly tap the Esc key at power on, you will get a list of options. F10 is bios access.

If the keyboard will not do it, you might have to try a different keyboard.

Numlock should have nothing to do with accessing the bios.

HP Recommended

15862929050811317696129784517563.jpg

 i press escape key this opens then after i press f10 this is what i get i oh sorry i said num lock i ment fn lock i said that before going to bed for work just got home 

15862930744991051092784572930573.jpg

 and as you can see not the normal bios or not normal for me i go to here i doint see any options for actiion keys or fn keys 

15862933216878426275398860153611.jpg

 same gose for here i looked and doint see a button like i said if i have to i would buy a keyboard with fn lock but i was hoping to get this taken care of without and again sorry for the long wait for reply just got off work

HP Recommended

Also forgot this picture

15862938112898688060404382695846.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks for the Photos. OK on the Function key setting over the Num Lock setting.

Looks like HP gave the bios UI a new look. That HP Setup Utility is the bios.

But there is no option to enable/disable the "Function key" that I have ever seen in these HP Desktops. That's only included on the laptops.

Only thing I can suggest is that there might be a shortcut key that would alter this on whatever your particular keyboard is. Or you might have to try a different keyboard.

HP bios are very locked down and don't have the options that a custom motherboard would include.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.