Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi @DAVID3232 

Go to the Crucial Memory site in previous link.

This site will give you compatible memory upgrade options.

You can only install two 8 GB memory sticks which total 16 GBs maximum on this motherboard per HP specifications in previous response.

Regards

HP Recommended

they say i should buy 16 gb of ram and replace it in the second slot 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't know what to say.

HP specs state you can only install maximum 8 GB memory modules in each memory slot. Total supported memory on this motherboard per HP is 16 GBs.

Try a 16 Gb module and see if it works.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thats weird.. so you say i have to buy 2x8gb ram?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes.

I can only help using HP specifications for your PC and motherboard.

The HP specs say a maximum of 16 GB or 2x8 GB sticks in each memory slot.

Regards

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't know if the Ballistix RAM in your link will work. It should work if this RAM is listed as a compatible memory upgrade at the Crucial Memory site.

The best place to buy compatible RAM for your PC is at the Crucial Memory site in my previous link.

The Ballistix RAM in your link may or not may work.

Buy it. Try it and return this RAM to Amazon if the PC will not boot after installing this RAM.

Regards

HP Recommended

Allright.

What about this ''PC4-21300'' does that matter much?

HP Recommended

Okay, so i bought the Crucial Ballistix 2400 Mhz memory kit 16gb (8gb x2). Crucial didnt recommend actually this one, they recommended that one but with 2666 mhz, but you said it would be useless to buy higere than 2400. So thats why i bought that with 2400

HP Recommended

Hi,

Did the Ballistix RAM work?

Crucial recommended 2666 memory and 16 GB memory modules are possible. Crucial may be right but the memory may only run at 2400. 

Your PC's specification site within memory upgrades (Link) only lists 2133 and 2400. And this site only specifies 4 GB or 8 GB memory modules totaling 16 GB of system memory.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.