Level 2
21 11 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i7 7700K 93 degrees in all games.

1QX50EA#AB8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have one problem. Sorry my english bad. But I have hp omen 880 version that cpu i7 7700K and It was so hot. I buyed 6 months ago that pc. Inside stock cooler still. And hp omen liquid cooler. It comes auto overclocked with 4.5 ghz and In bios no text to change it. Just I have omen command center for overclocked. In bios inside a Hyper Threaded. When i enable it my pc temps are goes up 93 degrees In all games. I close it and then I have 4 core and 4 threads normally 8. And when I go in power management I do max cpu power %99 and the overclocked down to 4.2 ghz . And I use Hyper Threaded disable and my all temps are max 80 degrees. Whats wrong ?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,879 18,867 1,248 1,912
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cerenbjk,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

I recommend you update the bios and the graphics driver from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

BIOS: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp87001-87500/sp87263.exe

Graphics: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp87001-87500/sp87355.exe

If you continue to face the issue, I recommend you install all the Windows updates (including optional) and test.

Here is how it is done.

• To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
cerenbjk
Level 2
21 11 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello but you give me a wrong bios update and graphic drivers. My graphic and bios is up to date already. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,879 18,867 1,248 1,912
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cerenbjk,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

I recommend you perform a reset on the computer following the steps in the below artilce and check if it resolves the issue.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-mini-110-4200-pc-series/5259218/document/c04742289

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
5,701 5,689 540 1,195
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings cerenbjk,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

93 degrees Celsius or 80 degrees Celsius is not good. Consistently high CPU and GPU temps will shorten the useful life of these components.

Have you checked GPU temps?

You have the processor, the GPU, and VRM's all packed in a small area on the motherboard. Some motherboards also have M.2 storage devices located in this cramped area.

Your system is not efficiently moving heat away, and out of your PC, from the above devices.

You need more system fans and a better CPU liquid cooling system. 

Download and install the Intel XTU.

Run CPU and memory stress tests.  A passing score is good. Keep in mind you have high temps that will reduce the useful life of some components. CPU throttling is not good to see.

Regards

0 Kudos
cerenbjk
Level 2
21 11 0 1
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Normally in game my temps 70-79 degrees.. I have 144hz and most of the time I close vsync and I play some games 145+fps but when game loading the fps drop to 1 and my cpu usage high like 80 or 90 and my cpu temps going max 91  - 93 just one second. And when game start temps back to the 65 - 78 degrees around .. I search internet and they say maybe ur core voltage too high. But the computer comes to the 4.4 or 4.5ghz auto overclocked. normally its 4.2 ghz. In bios menu I have runtime power management and when I disable it my cpu goes back to 4.2 ghz. But in games again fps drop but this time up to 83 degrees. not 91 or 93. I dont understand really whats wrong. I deleted omen command center and when I download intel xtu what I need do? 

0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
5,701 5,689 540 1,195
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi cerenbjk,

Why did you uninstall Omen command Center?

Install IXTU.

Run the CPU stress test for about an hour to see if your CPU or motherboard VRMs are throttling because of high temps.

70-79 degree CPU temps while gaming are not bad. Have you checked GPU temps? My PC's CPU (8700k) temps show minimal transient peaks up to about 71 degrees C while gaming or running CPU stress tests. The GPU (1080) stabilizes around 65 C while gaming or running stress tests such as 3DMark, FurMark, or Unigine GPU tests.

Your system could run cooler but current temps are within operating specifications if the CPU, MB VRMs, and GPU are not throttling due to excessive thermals.

Regards

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation