LinkinForcer
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

internet Issues (Wired and Wireless)

HP Omen Desktop PC 880-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys....so I’m having an issue with my internet connection. I’ve got a gigabit connection from my ISP. However I can only get 130 - 170 MBs on my desktop. I also have an HP Omen 15 2019 model that gets much higher speeds on both wired and wireless. My phone gets higher speeds as well.

I'm trying to figure out if there was an update that came through that has hindered the internet on my desktop. It makes now sense and I’ve tried disabling and enabling the Ethernet and wireless devices....according to HP Support Assistant I am up to date on everything. 

I tried resetting the internet connection within windows settings. I went into power shell and ran a few commands to reset the catalogs and still I get the same 130 - 170 MBs on my desktop.

I even thought that maybe my Ethernet port was going out so I went and bought an Intel Ethernet PCIe adaptor and that ranges about 170 MBs every time.

I had my ISP send out a tech who replaced the modem and router and they are even going to clear the lines as well since they only see about 600 MBs getting through to the router. 

Does anyone know why I can’t even get 200 MBs on my desktop? Did HP assistant install a driver that I need to uninstall or update manually?

Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
LinkinForcer
5 3 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Also I am on the latest driver for the device and I am running cat6 cables.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,093 21,047 1,770 2,847
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LinkinForcer This really depends on the kind of wireless card you've got on the device, if its a 1x1 or 2x2, wireless 2.4ghz or 5ghz, etc...in order to obtain the specific information, here's what I'll need:

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need! > This is incomplete > HP Omen Desktop PC 880-P0xx.

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, If you have slow internet performance in general on your device, use the below steps:

Testing your Internet connection speed

Use one of the following methods to test your Internet connection speed both before and after performing the troubleshooting steps in this document to see whether your connection speed improves.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
LinkinForcer
5 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just an update for everyone. So my PC actually started to act weird. My control panel freaked out and wasn’t even showing me the proper data in the uninstall programs feature. It look like it was treating each program as if it were a song on iTunes. Very weird. I said screw it and rest the PC to factory settings.

I started to get speeds of around 700 MBs which I was very happy about. This was around 11 PM. That stayed that way until about 4:30 PM - 5PM the next day. I started slowly losing speed again. It is now 10:30 PM and I’m reviving about 300 MBs at this time. This is obviously due in part to the crappy service Suddenlink provides.

My PC seems fine now and I’m completely blaming my ISP for the internet performance and not my PC any longer.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,093 21,047 1,770 2,847
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LinkinForcer Thank you for the update, I'm glad you've got that sorted

Remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,

We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation