Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

is it possible to put a rx 560 in a hp 400 g1 an is the card compatible with the board

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

i fixed it just needed a better monitori bought a asus monitor (needed to upgrade no lie) an  i installed  the gpu an put a sata to 6pin for power to the rx 560 an it works like a charm

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@borcsa 

There are several versions of an HP Prodesk 400 g1. Which one do you have?

Need the product number. If you open the HP Support Assistant, it should give you that info.

HP Recommended

hp pro desk 400 g1    pn#j6d33ut#aba

HP Recommended

i fixed it just needed a better monitori bought a asus monitor (needed to upgrade no lie) an  i installed  the gpu an put a sata to 6pin for power to the rx 560 an it works like a charm

HP Recommended

Well that was easy enough.

Keep in mind that card probably requires a 400w PSU (for the overall system), so if you find issues down the road, it might be a lack of power.

The parts finder indicates it came with only a 240w standard ATX PSU. If this is what you truly have, you should be able to find another PSU easily.

Good luck and good gaming. :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.