Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP,

I really need your help regarding this matter I just brought a new power supply 500w as I want to upgrade my graphic card but turned out pc doesn't turn on after I changed the power supply knowing that the power supply is working normally in other pc I am wondering what should I do, should I reset the CMOS factory?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@zin2020 , welcome to the forum.

What is the full model or product number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. Here is a guide to help you find it:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07555

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi,

thx for replying

Model  number:TPC-W058-MT 

Product number: 5GX18EA#AKD

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @zin2020!  Thank you for the additional information.

It is very difficult to know from afar what you may not have connected.  Here is the Motherboard Specifications page:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-875-0000-obelisk-desktop-pc-series/23302709/document...

You should look at the Motherboard diagram with labels.  Your power supply unit (PSU) cables should be labeled.  Compare the cable labels to those on the motherboard and make certain they are all connected.  Make certain that any connector labeled power is connected.

HP Recommended

thx man for explaining believe it or not I figured out the only way to make the computer turn on with the new power supply cool master elite v3 600w   is to keep my finger in the power button  5 to 8 sec after the pc turns on normally  by the way all the cables been placed perfectly  in the correct places in the motherboard 

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @zin2020!

I have been using and working with computers since 1984.  Not only am I still in awe of what they can do, but it still surprises me when I see all of the things that can go wrong.  There seems to be an unlimited amount of things that can go wrong with each component.  Thank you for explaining how you got it to work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.