Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen labtop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have had an Omen laptop since 2019 and have been using it daily for school and gaming.

I have used the omen gaming hub since I got this computer to optimize my gameplay by using the performance mode and the auto feature to make the apps I am currently running take priority over others. I recently wiped my computer because I have been lagging a bit while gaming lately. Now when I received my computer it came with the omen gaming hub installed. After I wiped my computer to the settings I got when I purchased it shows that the gaming hub isn't installed. So I go to the Microsoft store to download it and literally after I download the gaming hub it restricts my computers web access to certain websites such as my school website and reddit while I can still access certain sites like youtube and amazon.com. I know for a fact that the app is the cause of my problems because as soon as I uninstall it I can access my school site and reddit again. This is pretty upsetting to me because I have been using it to the gaming hud to optimize my settings for gaming ever since I got my laptop and I am truly confused as to why downloading it would make it so I cant connect to certain websites. Any help would be appreciated!

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@shakaka334 

Omen Control Center is no longer available. its replacement software is Omen Gaming Hub. Please use Windows Store, search for Omen Gaming Hub and Get or Install it to your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@shakaka334   Are you still having issues with the Game Hub blocking websites?

Thats very unusual. In the Game Hub, there is a setting for Network Booster. It can be set to toggle access to certain websites. Did you go there and make sure its Mode is turned off?

HP Recommended

As soon as I download omen gaming hub from the app from the Microsoft store I can no longer browse on my school site or even refresh this page that im currently writing to you on. I went to network booster and disabled it and it didn't change anything. as soon as I uninstall the app my web browser and games work again.

HP Recommended

just realized i needed to update my windows settings everything is working now. thanks for the help!

HP Recommended

welp it worked for like 5 minutes now it is doing the same thing again

HP Recommended

Hmm, give this a try. I think there is a setting with the network booster that's hung up.

Download REVO uninstaller portable to your desktop...

https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/

Just grab the free portable version, no need to buy anything.

Open the folder and find the x64 folder and open it. Run the exe program.

In the UI/window, there will be a tab/button for Windows Apps at the top. Click that.

Scroll down to Omen Gaming Hub and right click on it. Choose Uninstall.

During the install process, REVO will also ask you if you want to delete remaining left over files.

Click the box for Select all and continue.

It will ask you to do this again for a different set of files (reg files). Select all and continue.

It will ask you to reboot. Go ahead and reboot.

Do this again for the HP System Event Utility in REVO windows apps.

Reboot again.

Now go to the Windows store and reinstall the HP System Event Uti and the Game Hub...

Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

Get OMEN Gaming Hub - Microsoft Store

Open the Game Hub. It will take longer to open this time, just be patient.

Go to Network boost and see if the Mode is turned off. It should be off by default.

Test it again. Fingers crossed.

NOTE: The Game Hub has to be installed in order for REVO to uninstall and then find all the left over settings files and delete them.

HP Recommended

i downloaded revo and was able to delete the files from both applications and redownloaded both of them. I dont understand what you mean by run the x64file. I started up the command center and the network booster was off but it still blocked me from accessing laulima.com my school website or this website yet it still loaded up youtube. As soon as i deleted the omen app i was instantly able to refresh my page and it was working again. I got this computer in 2019 and was using the "omen command center" until i wiped my computer which is when this problem started. I used the app to get better fps and it is now making it so i cant play the games i really enjoy which is why i need it back.

HP Recommended

thanks for your help by the way!

HP Recommended

trying this again for the 3rd time now. Keep losing what I write to you. 😡

Thanks for the extra details. Since you reloaded Windows and this now happens, I can only assume that you might have installed something else along the way and don't know it. Whether it be malicious or not, something is skewed because you are the only one I know of that's having this issue. I wouldnt settle for simply leaving the Game Hub off your system. Something is not right and needs to be cleared up.

How did you reinstall Windows? Via USB or was it windows reset function?

Reset always causes oddball issues and I never recommend it.

I would clean install with an 8GB pen drive and this... Create media Windows 10 

(don't use any other source for the Windows ISO)

When you actually install Windows, choose a Custom install and manually delete all the partitions. If you have two drives installed, disconnect the 2nd drive before installing Windows.

Then only let Windows update, don't install anything else or any antivirus suites.

Install these files after...

Omen Sofpak sp105943.exe

Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

Get OMEN Gaming Hub - Microsoft Store 

OMEN Gaming Hub SDK Package sp112303.exe

Run windows updates one more time by clicking the Check for Updates button, even if it shows its up to date.

Reboot.

Test your website and see what happens.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.