Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 875-1000 Obelisk Desktop PC (3VH40AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

hi i am trying to find out what new motherboard i can get for my pc but not sure the one i have only runs at 2666mhz so need an upgrade 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

Changing a MB because RAM speed is limited may not be the best option. Are you having specific problems with this product?

You have a Micro ATX MB using a standard 24 pin MB PSU connection and a four pin CPU (EPS) PSU connection. You can install a new Micro ATX MB in this chassis.

Where do you want to go with this upgrade? The latest Intel or AMD MBs. Or do you want to stay with Intel socket LGA 1151? New tech will require a new CPU and possibly new RAM. Also your existing power supply may have to be replaced if the 24 pin connector does not reach the new MBs connection point. Your 24 pin is at the bottom of the MB. Most retail MB 24 pin connectors are at the right side of the MB.

Faster memory is good but does not solve all performance problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.