Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 875-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Day, I have used the keyboard and mouse that came with the omen 875-0034 to run a full set-up -including all windows updates and HP support assistant updates as well.

Today the rest of Omen peripherals arrived..Sequenser Keyboard, Reactor mouse and Mindframe headphones. I shut down the PC to plug in these and when turned on got a boot screen with keyboard error. the keyboard did not respond nor did the mouse--no backlights on those 2 - but the headphones are lighted. Omen command center asks for driver updates bot none are available through that link to windows. I went to microsoft store to get the omen command center app and it is already installed. seems I am missing something, and am not this tech savvy !!!

Thanks for Your time,

Sam

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@SlamRoll , welcome to the forum.

Have you updated Windows 10 to version 1709 or higher?  This is necessary for these items to run properly.

Here are the User Guides for each of the items:

Sequencer - http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06060374

Reactor - http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06068457

Mindframe - http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06155466

There is a tool to do a firmware update on the Mindframe headset.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

So after reading other posts, I remembered the old days when stuff gets fussy - unplug it and send it to the corner for a time out....unplugged everything including power cable and did some chores, fixed a meal. When started back up the key/mouse showed short light sequence and did respond...command center still insisted on updates that still not there...

Powered on next day and found command center agreeable (surprise) after log-in and such was able to use the features.

So thanks for the tips here,

yes win version 1903.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @SlamRoll!

I am glad that you finally got things to work properly.  I believe that there may have been an update installed that fixed your problem.  We will never know for certain.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hello, the saga continues. here is the e-mail to 'feedback' folks at omen command !!

(Please don't forget to attach the log files generated in C:\system.sav\OCCLogCollection\)

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Good Day, not sure where to begin but (pretty sure) the light scheme went dark after I selected the ‘omen’ key (several times) thinking it would open the command center.

So I go to search for info about the ‘Omen’ key and it’s feature design, beside gripes about no ‘home’ key nothing pertinent…seems after this I noticed no lights !!

So when attempting to put the lights back on in the command center, it did not respond….I am not this tech savvy mind You !!

I snooped around forum topics and thought maybe HP product assistant could help. When attempting to add the Sequencer-Reactor and Mindframe Products without any luck, I read a post about this feedback feature.

I am including a link to HP community about the pesky keyboard (??) from couple days ago. Just got the system unboxed last Thur.  9-5-19.

Omen 875-0034 which is registered at HP, is it possible to have these peripherals added to My products for better support?? They all have serial #s.

Anyhow thanks for the time putting up with a Dummie like Me !!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.