Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen hp 25
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My monitor has kinda little seazures on certan applications and random lines of pixels change colors and spaz out randomly + most games menus are basicly unreadable. i tried installing disinstalling and installing both graphics car and monitor drivers ,i tried swapping display port cables in the different monitor /graphics card ports i even tried using hdmi but no results , i checkt than the graphics card(nvidia gtx 1060 3gb ) and monitor where both set on 144herts , i plugged in different monitors to see if it was the card but the card worked fine with other monitors (an acer 25 inch monitor), i tried disabling anti viruses and disabled the windosw error reporting process and i enabled g sync but nothing works

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

and the graphics card idles at 50 to 70% while dowing nothing (it used to idle at like 4%) all of this after plugging in the monitor

HP Recommended

@Hypexans Greetings from the HP Community!

If the screen flickers, make sure the display settings in Windows match the native resolution and refresh rate for the display. Find the native resolution of a flat panel display on the box, in the specifications, or in the printed material that came with the display. Some common native resolutions are 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1920 x 1200, and 1680 x 1050. The most common refresh rate for LCD displays is 60 Hz. This normally cannot be changed for flat panel displays using Plug and Play settings. However, if you are using special video software to increase or decrease the refresh rate, change the refresh rate to match the default refresh rate specification of the display.

NOTE: 

If your screen flickers in Windows 10, it is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. To find out whether an app or driver is causing the problem, check to see if Task Manager flickers. Then, based on that information, you'll need to either uninstall the app or update the display driver.

Figure : Flickering screen (example)

Flickering screen

1. To change the screen resolution and refresh rate settings in Windows, do the following:

• In Windows 10

1. Right-click the desktop and click Display settings.

2. Under Customize your display, at the bottom, click Advanced display settings.

3. Under Related settings, click Display adapter properties.

4. Select the Monitor tab.

5. Under Screen refresh rate, select another refresh rate if available.

6. Click OK to save the changes.

1. If you have an HP computer, update your video drivers from the HP website.

Otherwise, you can get the latest updated video drivers from the video hardware manufacturer's website. The following list shows some of the video hardware websites:

• Check for NVIDIA video driver updates at NVIDIA (in English).

• Check for ATI video driver updates at AMD (in English).

• Check for Intel video support and downloads, Intel Downloads (in English).

2. After updating the video drivers, go back to Step 1 and try to change the screen resolution again.

NOTE: 

If you cannot select the native resolution after updating the video drivers, the graphics adapter in the computer might not support that resolution and might need to be upgraded.

If the screen continues to flicker after setting the native display resolution and refresh rate, continue to the next step.

3. Download and install the latest video card drivers. Go back to Step 2 for instructions.

If you already installed the latest video drivers in Step 2, continue to the next step.

4. Check the video cable connections. Unplug the cable and inspect the cable for damage. If the cable is damaged, replace it with a new cable. Try to use cables less than 3 meters (10 feet).

5. Check the environment around the display. Displays are sensitive to magnetic fields. Speakers, florescent lights, fans, cell phones, radios, and any other electrical device can cause flickering. Temporarily move electrical items away from the display to see if they is producing a field that causes the flicker.

6. If the display has more than one type of connection available such as VGA, DVI, or HDMI, try a different type of connection.

7. To see if the video coming from the computer is causing the problem, temporarily connect the display to another computer, such as a notebook computer.

If the flicker is gone when the display is connected to another computer, the graphics adapter hardware on the first computer might need to be upgraded to use the display.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.