Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen 19 + 27 i monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone. I'm struggling to get the right settings for the monitor to obtain a solid high Hz level in game. I have experimented with a number of different suggested settings and with the number of variables in Nvidia control panel and on the monitor itself, I'm not sure I have the right combo. Ive tried older assassins creed games and more recent such as Rome 2 total war and Hell let loose. The Hz yo yo's between 59 - 144. its set to165 on computer. windowed and full screen etc.

any help or suggestions or reassurance that it doesent matter would be great. Just thought the new desktop and monitor would perform better.

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try turning down the game quality. What you are getting from the game are FPS which is frames per second which is a bit different than HZ which(basically) is the rate at which the monitor can refresh. Chances are that if you are getting over 100 FPS in a game then you won’t notice any difference if you get more, that said you may want to get all you can out of the monitor. The only way to increase FPS for a game (not including tuning hardware) is to turn down graphics quality in the game. The frames you get in a game depends on the quality of monitor crossed with the hardware you are using to push the frames. With the system you have ( I have the same one) I would assume That you have the graphics close to max and a 1440p monitor. For HP desktops this is what you get sadly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Grendel78 

How do you connect them ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

They are connected with the 1.2 display port cable supplied with the monitor.

HP Recommended

@Grendel78 

What is the model/product of your machine ? Please use the following way to find out

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07555

Mass:

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Try turning down the game quality. What you are getting from the game are FPS which is frames per second which is a bit different than HZ which(basically) is the rate at which the monitor can refresh. Chances are that if you are getting over 100 FPS in a game then you won’t notice any difference if you get more, that said you may want to get all you can out of the monitor. The only way to increase FPS for a game (not including tuning hardware) is to turn down graphics quality in the game. The frames you get in a game depends on the quality of monitor crossed with the hardware you are using to push the frames. With the system you have ( I have the same one) I would assume That you have the graphics close to max and a 1440p monitor. For HP desktops this is what you get sadly.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for this. I had unrealistic expectations for the PC. I am a little disappointed for the money I've spent. Don't get me wrong, it is faster than my old setup but not jaw droppingly so. 1st world problems!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.