Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN X di HP Desktop PC - 900-003nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.05 - 10.16.43.80.pngDesktop Screenshot 2020.02.05 - 10.26.17.74.png

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@xpro2009 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the omen command center not supported overclocking for your product.

HP will not recommend to perform overclocking. If you wish to perform overclocking. Go ahead and perform overclocking.

In this case, please perform the below steps and check.

Procedure 1: Ensure the OMEN Commend Center and OS are at the latest versions.

Step 1: Upgrade the OMEN Commend Center and OS to the latest version.

1. Click the Search icon.
  2. Type Microsoft Store in the search field.
  3. Launch the Microsoft Store.
  4. Select Downloads and updates.
  5. Click Get updates. If there are OMEN Command Center or HP System Event Utility updates available, proceed and update them to the latest versions.

Step 2: Perform Windows Updates.

1. Click Start.
  2. Click the Settings icon.
  3. Select Windows Updates.
  4. Select Check for updates.
  5. Download and install all updates (a restart may be required).

Step 3. Check for driver and BIOS updates for your computer through the HP Support Assistant app, or from HP Customer Support - Products.

Procedure 2: Uninstall, then reinstall the OMEN Command Center.

NOTE: 

If the issue is not resolved by updating OMEN Commend Center and OS, perform the steps to uninstall, then reinstall the OMEN Command Center.

1. Click Start.
  2. Click the Settings icon.
  3. Select Apps.
  4. Locate the OMEN Command Center, and click Uninstall. Allow the uninstall process to complete (a restart may be required).
  5. Click the Search icon.
  6. Type Microsoft Store in the search field.
  7. Launch the Microsoft Store.
  8. Locate OMEN Command Center.
  9. Select Get to re-install the OMEN Command Center.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

The above procedure does not work. The error is still present and I still cannot overclock using the Omen Command Center (OCC) that was installed via the Microsoft Store.

Steps to get Overclocking capability back:

1. Uninstall the Microsoft Store OCC APP and then restart the computer. 

2.  Download and install the Omen Command Center SP84071.exe from the HP Support website. Restart the computer.

3.  Then download and install the Omen Command Center SDK Package SP100244.exe.

4.  Restart the computer again and then open the OCC APP.

5.  Test Overclocking feature. Success

There is a problem with the Microsoft Store OCC APP. It is interacting with a recent Windows Update which is preventing the OCC APP from finding the Omen driver and HP Application Enabling Services (Fusion driver). The most current HP Omen Command Center SDK package (SP100244.exe) does not resolve the error. Although I lost the Intelligent Overclocking and Overclocking Save features of the Microsoft Store version of the OCC APP, I am satisfied that I can once again overclock my high-end i7-9700K CPU. HP has some work to do to resolve this. I was able to overclock my CPU to 5.2 GHZ easily again without any stability issues.  I would rather use the Intelligent Overclocking feature of the Microsoft Store version of the OCC APP to protect my computer and quickly switch between 5.2 GHZ and the default CPU frequency when not gaming, but this will do for now. I will be using the older version of the OCC until HP fixes the problem.

Good luck everyone that has this issue and I hope that this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.