Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

okay so I've had my omen obelisk for a little over 2 months. for the first month everything worked fine with the led lighting and i was always able to change the color of the led light inside the PC. but for maybe about almost a month now; whenever i'd open the omen command center, the lighting tab would not work. so after looking it up for a while and not really finding a solution i came across a post that said to just repair the app. after that did'n't work i decided to reset the app. After resetting the app, the lighting tab started to actually open again but it no longer had the option to change the color of the led on the inside. so now they stay red and i can only change the logo led light. Can someone help me figure this out please

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@bikuisi
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@bikuisi
Thank you for posting back. 

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: ( do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating ) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hey whenever i open up hp support assistant it doesnt even show me the "my devices tab" it keeps prompting me to add the desktop to my devices but when i do nothing happens. 

HP Recommended

@bikuisi
Thank you for posting back. 

If you are having problems updating HP Support Assistant or downloading and installing updates through HP Support Assistant, download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the HP Support Assistant website.

If problems persist, make sure your Internet access is working correctly (that is, you can browse the Internet and view Web pages), and the installed security software (firewall) is not blocking the updates to HP Support Assistant.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03601631 to Troubleshoot HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hey sorry for the late response. my support assistant is fully updated, everything is updated on the computer and omen command center still doesn't show me the option to change the lights on the inside. 

HP Recommended

Check this thread:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/Omen-Obelisk-inside-lights-dont-change/td-p/7187889

And the last post (mine) - that sadly has not been responded to any further - and report back.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.