Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-068ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer keeps giving me blue screens with the error message "clock watchdog timeout".  I ran the extensive HP system test and it passed without any problems.  The occurrence of this system crash is very random but can be reproduced by attempting to mine cryptocurrencies like Monero.  When I start the mining software it goes on for a few seconds and then the blue screen appears.  This is very unlikely a software issue, as I have tried the same on Linux, which also froze my system.  The random lockups also happen when I am using Linux.  Both are related issues in my opinion, because clock watchdog timeout apparently signals that the cpu does not handle interrupts anymore and I was able to confirm that input did not work after the lockups on Linux (the REISUB combination was not registered).  I would be very grateful if somebody could point out which component is most likely causing the issues I just presented.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@WernerDrasche 

I moved your thread to the Desktop section of the forum for better exposure to other experts, since your issue is not a gaming issue. Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.