Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I am trying to Upgrade ram for my OMEN 870-224 with i5-7400 in it.

To be honest I am quite not sure which ram fits with the ram already in it.

By any change people can give me amazon link for the ram I can buy?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your motherboard supports the following RAM:

• Dual channel (one DIMM per channel) memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports the following:
    • PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133)
    • PC4-19200 (DDR4-2400) (with Pavilion Power chassis only)
  • Supports 4 GB and 8 GB UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    NOTE: 
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers
    NOTE: 
    Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system.

HP Part surfer (Link) does not have memory for your PC available for purchase.

You can check Amazon for compatible memory modules. Your PC is limited to DDR4 2133 or, at best, DDR4 2400.

I suggest going to Crucial Memory (Link) for compatible memory.

You can have Crucial scan your PC or use your product number to find compatible memory.

You can mix memory modules but it is recommended to install memory modules in kits. You currently have one 8 GB  PC4-17000 MB/s  DDR4 2133 module.

Regards

HP Recommended

in my OMEN X900-000nx I have no problem running Corsair VENGENCE LED 3000 16 Gb (2x8) my only limitation due to motheboard/cpu is that I cant run higher then 2533.333Mhz , but because of that I can set lower latency 😉 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.