Papatango123
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

update with ssd on hp pavilion p6-2300 el

pavilion p6-2300 el
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I would like to update my desktop with as fast as possible ssd.
What can I mount on card h-joshua-h61-uatx on my desktop?
Sorry for my English ... I'm Italian ...  🙂
Thanks so much

2 REPLIES 2
Level 12
Level 12
5,780 5,768 545 1,203
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Have you tried the HP Italian Support Site?

I can't locate the product number (p6-2300 el) you have indicated.

There is a p6-2302el model (which has the H-Joshua-H61 motherboard)  manufactured by HP which is included in this extensive list of possible products.

The p6-2302el (if this is your product) appears to support SATA3. So you could upgrade the HDD to a SATA SSD. You will have to copy the current Windows installation from the current HDD to the new SATA SSD. This process is fairly easy to do. Let me know if you need any assistance to move the current HDD image to a new SSD.

You should install a 1TB or greater SSD if you only rely on HP Recovery media to restore your system back to factory specs. HP Recovery media has issues when you try to recover the operating system to storage devices which are not equal to, or greater than, the storage device size ( in your case, 1TB HDD) HP installed at the factory.

Tom

0 Kudos
Papatango123
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

The PC is just the p6-2300el series but the card is correct so your suggestion is very useful.
For security I will also check on the Italian HP website but thank you very much for your prompt reply.
Thanks again and hello.
Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation