Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp z400
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi 

i have a hp z400 need 2 add a rx470 .But i still want 2 keep the hp 475w psu 

the question is can the rx470 run ok with that psu??

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I don't see why not as the rx470 requires a 400w min PSU and usually has a 6 ping connector. Looking at typical z400 specs, the PCIe x16 slot should accommodate a standard 75w graphics board. If you have an available 6 pin from that PSU, you should be good to go.

Assuming you measured the available room in the case and made sure that rx470 will fit, right?

HP Recommended

If you want a 2nd opinion, you should also ask on the Business Desktop section, since we only support HP consumer gaming rigs on this part of the forum.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.