Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

does hp suggest i get a new powerr supply from someone because it looks like my part on partsurfer was not available and crucial only has ssd and memory? also can i fit a ssd with Z170 chipset and a already present tb hd? can i have more than one graphics card?

-z

Product name:870-244
Product number:Z5M59AA#ABA
Serial number:[edited]
Software build ID:17WW1TTT605#SABA#DABA
Motherboard ID:830C
Feature byte:2U3E3K3N3Q4C6J6Z6b7B7T7W8D94aBaHaJapaqasaub7bAbhbpcbdUdXdpdqf9fd.yy
OS version:ML
Service ID:20170711
BIOS:F.28-05/29/2019
Keyboard revision:1.04
Total memory:16.00 GB
Processor name:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @ZachDThatsMe 

What is the purpose of needing to install a new power supply?

It already has a 500w PSU that powers the GTX 1070 just fine.

Yes you should have one M.2 socket 3, key M for an NVMe M.2 SSD. Or you can also install an additional 2.5 inch Sata SSD.

Can you add an additional graphics card? No, you only have one PCIe x16 slot.

Let me know if that is what you needed.

HP Recommended

awesome info on the ssd.thnx for the response. my message wasn't too clear after reading it 😕 but i want a stronger powerr supply( if i can figure out the dimensions of space available inside my omen 870-244)
to powerr a 2060 super nvidea graphics if i can figure out if 2060 super is compatable with my motherboard[ i still don't know  if i have cooling adequate with fan @ 3800rpm😃 (can find places to buy replacement but i haven't yet come to the conclusion of what 3800rpm cooling output means or if it matters )temperature-wise nvidea site spec say maximum temperature gpu for the 2060super is 5 degrees in celcius lower than 1070 if that means i need more cooling, same fine.like is 89 max temperature the most it can heat to with there being no problem or is 89c the max it will heat the computer. doesn't sound like it a big deal, but i don't know anything about cooling to know if my cooling is already overkill or, if after power supply upgrade with new graphics, i need new cooling]and i don't know if there is space in graphics section for the 2060super.would be awesome to get  more detailedspecifications on my current hardware😕

HP Recommended

hold up im gonna give this a think.dont bother responding as i might not upgrade after all . i hear hard drives and power supplies are quick to go and i don't want to try to install a new hard drive if it goes out after upgrading my machine.

HP Recommended

No worries, Ill add a quick response here anyways.

Yes you can upgrade to an RTX 2060. You should have enough room to fit most cards, at least the double fan type.

Just measure the available length needed inside the case. The other dimensions will be fine.

I would take note as to the temps you have already first. You can use a tool like HWMonitor to view CPU/GPU temps. You mainly want to focus on the current temps it is giving while doing an intensive task like gaming. Note that the current card uses rear exhaust to exit the hot air. But most newer GTX 2000 series use Open Air cooling which just circulates the air into the case and has to be exhausted via case fans. That can make a difference also.

You should be OK on the Temps if upgrading, but yes that case is not the best at airflow. If the temps get too warm, you might have to crack the side panel open for more air. Your room temperature makes a difference too.

As far as life span of a drive goes, SSDs are more hardy than the old HDD spinners are. The bit of extra heat you might gain, shouldn't have a big affect on them either way.

If you are still very concerned about all of this, perhaps building a Custom rig, or buying another ready built might be a better option? Then you have two PCs, one for a backup. Just a thought. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.