Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen 880 068
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I honestly dont even know whqt to do updated bios i was told on reddit it was compatible but my computer wont run it it works on my custom desktop but not on my dads omen fan runs for about 3 seconds then cuts out computer never boots 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Mana_rekts , welcome to the forum.

If you have questions about a HP product's compatibility it is better to come here and don't trust other sites.  The best advice will normally come from the card manufacturer's Tech Support.  I have read the specifications of the computer and the video card.  I can't see any reason that it won't run properly.  The only possible suspect could be the power supply unit (PSU).  While the specifications state a minimum of 300W, I found some manufacturer's cards that require a 1 x 6-pin PCIe power connector.  I suggest that you contact the card manufacturer's Tech Support to see if they can help you.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@old_geekster,

Have to agree.  Sadly, the OP did not mention the model number of that GTX 1050Ti.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Did you buy the 1050Ti new? I know most of the models don't require extra PCIe power and they only need the 75W from the rail, you probably would have been a lot better to get the GTX1650, much more capable card.

The easiest test that you can do is try the new card on another computer, just to rule out an issue with it. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Humbly adding additional thoughts:

You have to disable Secure boot and enable Legacy support (Link) in the BIOS before you install a new graphics card with HP consumer Desktop PCs.

Maybe this is also causing a problem???

Have not looked at your PC's power supply issues. An under powered PSU may also cause this problem.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.