1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

upgrading my pc

HP ENVY Phoenix 810-360nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi all,

can i upgrade my HP ENVY Phoenix 810-360nx  video card from radeon R9 290 to GEFORCE® GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G , my current PSU is 500W , i want to check from size and pins required as MSI GTX requires 8 Pins and card dimention 277 x 140 x 39 mm and for Radeon card is 11.2 cm x 26.7 cm

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,547 22,504 1,890 3,010
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

upgrading my pc

@Taqi1987

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you want to upgrade your PC,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you check and ensure the product specifications of the graphics card of your preferences match your desktop?

(Click here, if you haven't)

While you check that out, this is your product specs: (Click here)

• One PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0)

• Three PCI Express x1 (Gen 2.0)

• One PCI Express half-length mini card socket

The Existing PSU should be sufficient for the new card, however, to be sure I would personally suggest you check with a local tech and have him replace the parts so that you know it's working before you leave the store.

Let me know if those steps worked for you,

If they did, that's awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation