Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have laptop HP 15-dc1088wm with ram 16gb 2666 speak and i did upgrade to ram 32gb 3200 how can i change the speed because it still shows in the task manager 2666 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are correct.

Your notebook's BIOS does not have the capability to overclock the memory (change XMP), so you are limited to the max speed of 2666 MHz.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The fastest speed your notebook's Intel® Core™ i7-9750H processor can run the memory at is 2666 MHz, so the information you are seeing in the Task Manager app is perfectly normal.

Look under the Memory Specifications section at the link below.

Intel Core i79750H Processor 12M Cache up to 4.50 GHz Product Specifications

There's nothing you can do to make the memory run any faster.

HP Recommended

so what i understand from u that my processor doesn't support the 3200 ram speed am i right ? 
bec i saw some videos on youtube that i can change something called XMP and i can make it 3200 but when i check the bios i didn't find Adavce setting option that's why i would like to ask u bec u are more experienced 

HP Recommended

You are correct.

Your notebook's BIOS does not have the capability to overclock the memory (change XMP), so you are limited to the max speed of 2666 MHz.

HP Recommended

thank u so much for ur support 

HP Recommended

i would like to ask u another question so i can make sure it will be suitable for my laptop if u allow me to ask 
i would like to buy a new SSD called Samsung evo pro gen4  1tb and i saw the speed is about 7000/mb do u know if my laptop can support ssd gen 4 or my slot doesn't support gen 4 speed and what kind of ssd i can buy if u could recommend for me i will be so much appreciated thank u in advance

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Since notebook processors are integral parts of the motherboard, you can look up the NVMe slot specs by looking up the processor specs on the AMD or Intel websites as applicable.

The PCI connectivity specs for your notebook's chipset are PCIe Gen 3.0.

That info can be found under the Expansion Options section on the Intel processor specs link I posted earlier for you.

I recommend either the Samsung 980 (not 980 Pro) or the Western Digital Blue SN570 PCIe 3 x 4 NVMe SSD's.

You are aware that your notebook already comes with a 256 GB NVMe SSD, so you will need to remove that drive if you want to install a different NVMe SSD such as one having a greater storage capacity.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.