Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-In-One

HP Pavilion All-In-One my pc is butt, i was told by a staples employee which i asked "is it good for gaming" he replied "oh yea its good" and its pretty slow to start up and stuff, ive had it for 2 years pretty much and its been slow since the start

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK thanks, that helps explain what you have now.

That All in One (AiO) is 4 years old. Its OK for someone who only needs an email machine or office work with the luxury of no need for a tower.  But as far as gaming is concerned, its a potato with only a 6th gen i3 and no graphics card. Specs...

You didn't mention what games you are playing, but now days pretty much any/most games require a dedicated graphics card and a CPU that can match.

If you decide you cannot upgrade to a more powerful machine, the only thing you can do is pull the old Hard Drive out and replace it with a 2.5 inch Sata SSD and reinstall Windows. It will not improve gaming, but will load Windows faster.

Like one of these (does not have to be Samsung)...

2.5 inch ssd.JPG

Let me know what I can further help with.

PS: I know your frustration of salesmen. They are there to sell, no matter what.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Jacob122 

All in Ones are definitely not gaming machines, unless you call solitaire a game.

Would you tell me what the Product Number is? You can find it in the HP Support Assistant.

HP Recommended

it is  V8p29aa#aba

HP Recommended

OK thanks, that helps explain what you have now.

That All in One (AiO) is 4 years old. Its OK for someone who only needs an email machine or office work with the luxury of no need for a tower.  But as far as gaming is concerned, its a potato with only a 6th gen i3 and no graphics card. Specs...

You didn't mention what games you are playing, but now days pretty much any/most games require a dedicated graphics card and a CPU that can match.

If you decide you cannot upgrade to a more powerful machine, the only thing you can do is pull the old Hard Drive out and replace it with a 2.5 inch Sata SSD and reinstall Windows. It will not improve gaming, but will load Windows faster.

Like one of these (does not have to be Samsung)...

2.5 inch ssd.JPG

Let me know what I can further help with.

PS: I know your frustration of salesmen. They are there to sell, no matter what.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.