Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

It worked after I put in the new PSU without connecting the slim DVD. I will buy a 6 PIN to 15 PIN SATA connector for the slim DVD. Slim DVD only has 6 PIN connection.

Problem solved.

Thank you!

NOTE: Why the H..L HP use the slim DVD and no one makes PSU with the 6 PIN SATA power cable for it.

HP Recommended

Um, so the slim DVD actually has a 15pin sata connector then? IF so, why do you need to buy the pigtail adapter? Your PSU should have a second Sata power line to connect directly with.

IF NOT, would you please do me a favor and post a photo of the back of the Slim DVD drive so I can see what it actually has?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

The red & black cable from PSU to DVDThe red & black cable from PSU to DVD

The black & red cable is 6 PIN to  DVD. the flat black cable is the data cable. It has no other 15 PIN connector in DVD.

HP Recommended

OK Thanks, now I understand whats going on. HP just had to use an oddball setup. SMH.

The adapter you will need is called a 6 Pin Slimline SATA to 15 Pin SATA Power Cable adapter and will adapt to your standard Power Supplies SATA 15 pin power connector used on hard drives.

Here is an example...

https://www.amazon.com/Pin-Slimline-SATA-Power-Cable/dp/B0056OA8ZW

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.