Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waithakajames
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

,which are the best gaming graphics card for a hp compaq pro 6300 microtower ,core i3,6gb ram,

hp compaq pro 6300 microtower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
,which are the best gaming graphics card for a hp compaq pro 6300 microtower ,core i3,6gb ram,500gb hdd.thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1
Level 8
Level 8
579 567 28 237
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

,which are the best gaming graphics card for a hp compaq pro 6300 microtower ,core i3,6gb ram,

The only cards supported with this unit are:

• AMD Radeon HD 6350 (512MB) PCIe x16 (includes a DMS-59 to Dual VGA Y Cable)
  • AMD Radeon HD 7450 (1GB) PCIe x16 (includes a DVI to VGA adapter cable)
  • NVIDIA NVS 300 (512MB) PCIe x16 (Includes a DMS-59 to Dual VGA Y Cable)
  • NVIDIA NVS 310 (512MB) PCIe x16

Because it is a microtower, the choices of cards that can been used for 3D gaming are limited to none due to the fact that the GPU's must be low-profile cards to fit into that chassis.

Something like this MAY work, but as you can see, the bracket is still built for a full height PCI slot and would need to be modified. Given the specs of this GPU, its a safe bet that this is Gen 3 PCIe 16 card and you'd need to factor that in too. A Gen 3 card will work in the Gen 2 slot on your unit, but it will suffer from a performance loss. (There is also the power capabilities of this unit - will it be enough to power the card through the PCIe slot? - The nVidia cards qualified for this system are only 2D cards - much lower power consumption.)

Not to mention the unit is 6 years old and may mot be able to work under load you may be planning to throw at it given how intensive new games are - assuming you ware wanting to run modern games.

You need to look got a Gen 2 PCIe card that is low profile with a low profie bracket adn hope it can be powered properly.

This system wasn't built with gaming in mind. 😞

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation