Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Gaming Pavillion 15-Cx0058WM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just received Laptop back from repair ( see case #5049800198).  Have only used a couple of times since receiving this back from WARRANTY repair, and 30m into Gaming, the Case is BURNING HOT to the touch.  Ill get an accurate account of the temp soon.  I know this is a gaming laptop, and will reach some high temps rendering the stuff we want it to nowadays, however, it burned my wifes finger it got so hot...  Certified electrician friend came out and check my outlets, and of course they are all in good shape, voltages within range and are all grounded.  So I now turn my attention to the laptop itself.  Not completely sure what all was replaced under warranty, but I can say that this is a different charger than came with the unit.  Not sure whats going on with it, but I would like to think that diag was ran on it before it left to make sure it didnt do this?  Any help  in the right direction will be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Corpzkiller Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

HP Recommended

Thx for the speedy reply Praveen196.  I have received no messages as of yet, but hopefully soon will get a msg from them.

HP Recommended

Need someone from Hp to respond asap regarding this issue...  My wife has burned herself on this laptop...  and so have I but not to the extreme that she has...  Whoever "fixed" it last time apparently didnt Check it before it hit the mail...  I need someone, anyone, to help resolve this issue.  I just want this laptop gone, and not sure a repair is gonna fix all the bad JooJoo this thing has in it..

HP Recommended

I can post a video and link to video, showing how hot this thing is getting  if that will help.  Thx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.