Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0056wm

I already know my answer but I wanted it validated by HP that I can use the SR04xl battery in place of the SR03xl in my laptop. The dimensions are identical and my laptop was offered the battery as an alternative in the manual and was specifically used with the 1060 GPU. I have the 150w 19v power supply so I already know that it accepts higher voltage. you can see in the screenshot I've also provided the various compatible voltages it is capable of running on. This seems to be obvious after upgrading hard drives and memory and having a noticeable decrease in battery life. There seemed to be a lot of misinformation regarding that this was not possible despite the specifications in the hp manual. I did find where another representative verified this for another customer as well. voltage regulators commonly accept a variety of voltage inputs. my car adapter sends 14.2 volts direct from the socket to the laptop and has worked just fine. I couldn't imagine any issue given it runs great without a battery at all on 19v. I'm sure many others would like this official answer. thanks 

batteries caompatible.jpgHP support.jpgMY HP power input.jpgMy HP AC adapters.jpgbatteries caompatible.jpgHP 15-cx battery options.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This seems to be obvious after upgrading hard drives and memory followed by having a noticeable decrease in battery life. There seemed to be a lot of misinformation regarding that this was not possible despite the specifications in the hp manual. I did find where another representative verified this for another customer as well. voltage regulators commonly accept a variety of voltage inputs. my car adapter sends 14.2 volts direct from the socket to the laptop and has worked just fine. I couldn't imagine any issue given it runs great without a battery at all on 19v. I'm sure many others would like this official answer. thanks, 

I'm not sure if my entire first op is up there. this is what i couldn't see.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.