Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP - 17-an012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi everyone 🙂 i have the 2017 omen 17 i7-7700hq radeon RX580 8gig 12 gigs ram with the 1tb 7200rpm HD .i noticed tru cpu-z that my radeon rx580 is only running at 8c on the pcie bus .i have asked others with the same laptop as me and theres are running at 8x pcie aswell when the specs clearly show the pcie's rated at 3.0 at 16x .... whats going on here plessssss help 

OMEN by HP - 17-an012dx
i7-7700HQ 16gigs ram ,AMD RX580 8gigs 500gb Nvme SSD 1tb 7200Rpm HD , LG 25UM56-P 25 ultrawide Gaming Monitor , Omen mouse coolmaster RGB keybord
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@tweake628

It runs dual 8x and from my calculation TWO 8x's equal 16x

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@tweake628

It runs dual 8x and from my calculation TWO 8x's equal 16x

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

ahhh thank you very much provost 🙂 

OMEN by HP - 17-an012dx
i7-7700HQ 16gigs ram ,AMD RX580 8gigs 500gb Nvme SSD 1tb 7200Rpm HD , LG 25UM56-P 25 ultrawide Gaming Monitor , Omen mouse coolmaster RGB keybord
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.