Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1150nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was wondering is there was any was to unlock/change the 35W TDP limit because my laptop at 35W only gets up to 80°C at full load.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Buddy393939 

Sorry no, you can't overclock your machine. HP allows on some (not all) Omen desktops. One day, when heat is under control, HP may allow overclock on notebooks.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I don't want to overclock I just want to increase the max TDP from 35W to 45W

HP Recommended

@Buddy393939 wrote:

I don't want to overclock I just want to increase the max TDP from 35W to 45W

@Buddy393939 

What do you call it ? You force CPU  to run over its capacity, it is overclock work isn't it ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Spoiler

Omen has set the max TDP to 35W instead of 45W for my CPU (i7 9750h) so I want to change to my CPU to Intel's default TDP (45W)

HP Recommended

hi

according to the manual here:

Maintenance and Service Guide
this should not be necessary, it is not indicated otherwise

ProcessorIntel® 8th generation Intel Core® i7 processorsIntel Core i7-9750H (2.6 GHz, turbo up to 4.5 GHz), 2666 MHz/9 MB L3, hexa core, TDP 45 W (all models)

Intel Core i7-8750H (2.2 GHz, turbo up to 4.1 GHz), 2666 MHz/12 MB L3, hexa core, TDP 45 W (N18E-G1, N18E-G2)

Intel 8th generation Intel Core i5 processorsIntel Core i5-9300H (2.4 GHz, turbo up to 4.1 GHz), 2666 MHz/8 MB L3, quad core, TDP 45 W (N17P-G0, N18E-G0, N18E-G1, N18P-G0)

Intel Core i5-8300H (2.3 GHz, turbo up to 4.0 GHz), 2666 MHz/8 MB L3, quad core, TDP 45 W ....

to see if this is not a problem with the Omen software.

I don't know if we can find something on it

try what is indicated, updates, change of parameters

HP OMEN Command Center

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response!

This is with cinebench R20 running... (35W TDP)

cinebenchR20.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.