Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-ec0003nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As the title says, I have a 500 Mbps connection speed (~60MB/s I guess) but when I download on HDD, the download speed starts around 50 MB/s, it stays here for 5s and then the download speed starts dropping till it reaches 5-10 MB/s and doesn`t pass the 10 MB/s, while on SSD, download is ~60 MB/s constantly. When i bought the laptop, first month I had like around 40 MB/s download speed on HDD, which I'm fine with, but not even 10MB/s, I'm not. What can be the source of this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

ISP traffic shaping/throttling?

The 8 fold difference between Mbps and MBps (bits and then 8 bits to a BYTE)?

Then the negotiated speed for the connection, a noisy line = lower speed.

Wi-Fi on 2.4 Ghz and not 5.0 Ghz.

Really there are so many variables, with so little hard info.

HP Recommended

I'm using a CAT6 LAN cable, not Wi-Fi, ISP traffic is fine, i have no problems when I download on SSD, the problems come on HDD, I know the difference between bits and byes, that's why I specified above 500 Mbps = ~60 MB/s to make sure this won`t be a confusion.

HP Recommended

Well, now even the YouTube videos aren`t loading, since I bought this laptop (5 months ago) I had more porblems with it than I had with my 3 other different brand laptops in a total of 10 years, is there a way to refund it and get my money back?

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.