Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-ec
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

out of 8GB RAM, only 5.88GB RAM is usable and the rest it says as hardware reserved RAM.

Cant even multitask on a gaming laptop with 8gigs RAM.

Tell me how to get maximum usable RAM on my laptop or tell me how to unlock advance tab in bios so that I would fix it myself.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @SaiRajNarra 

It would help us if you posted the Full Model number or Product number next time, so we know exactly what you have.

The pavilion 15-EC series uses AMD processors. Unfortunately, the AMD systems have that memory allocation issue that's been discussed many times here in the forum. There is no way for HP to reduce that allocation currently.

All I can offer from a forum stand point is if you need that extra missing memory, you would have to upgrade the ram to 16GB. At any upgrade, you will still have the allocation issue, but you will have another 8GB that us usable.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.